Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rolling!

I am going to fast forward to now because I am soooo busy now that I want to get the freshest memories down before they disappear! I went back to work this week and it stunk! I loved seeing the kids and getting back into a routine, but I miss those cheeks A LOT! She is staying with a great lady, Mary Frances, who lives right across from the school! The first day was good. The second she was ok. Wednesday the bottom fell out for her! She cried almost the whole day! Now that we have messed around with her feeding amounts and schedule, Thursday and Friday have been great! When she went back to Dr. Cook she had only gained 2 ounces in three weeks. Not good. So, she is on mostly formula during the day while still nursing in the morning and at night. I am cutting her formula with mommy milk during the day. I cannot wait to see if this is helping. I can never tell if she is feels heavier or lighter! She is eating about 5 ounces a feeding now and taking at least one really long nap 2+ hours a day with other mini naps in the day. Sometimes she takes 2 two hour naps. She started sleeping through the night at 12 weeks, the night we put her in the crib. That was a sad night for me but she apparently loved it! The first 3 days this week I had to wake her up at 6 to eat and get ready to leave. Thursday morning she woke up exactly at 6 laying on her side. Then Friday she was up at 5:50 on her own! I was dreading the Saturday morning wake-up in case she decided to continue this trend. But, she decided to sleep in both days until 7!

I tried posting a video of our girl almost rolling over but it won't upload. I cannot believe how fast she changes every day! When I went to get her up this week she was laying on her side, so I knew it was coming soon! She loves sucking her fingers which was a big push in moving to that side. She smiles so much and I know a laugh is in there somewhere! I don't want to wish our time away. I love her being my little snuggle bug, but I cannot wait for her to laugh!!! I can tell she wants to so just get it out Cheeks!

Sophie's first Valentine's Day is tomorrow! She has no clue but I have gotten her a card and some chocolates that I will have to enjoy on her behalf! It also is the anniversary of mine and Alvaro's first date 15 years ago! Yes, 15 years ago Alvaro (or should I said I took him because I had to drive) took me to El Cancun on Cherry Road and to see the movie Bed of Roses. Who would have thought this would be us now?! Happy Valentine's Day honey!