Sunday, January 9, 2011

How to Begin?

I finally decided to join the bandwagon and start a family blog. I figured that it was a great way to document in writing the trials and tribulations of raising our family. The intent is to blog weekly and be able to print it off to add to Sophie's baby book and for any other future children. The questions is, where to begin? I could start with how Alvaro and I met, y=but most of you know the story. Boy meets girl at college. Boy and girl eventually get married and start to settle down. Boring. I could start with how it took us four long years to finally have the sweet baby that we have now, but four years is a lot to write about. Boring. So, I decided to start with the arrival of our baby girl. Then I decided that I wanted to include a snippet of the actual pregnancy leading up to her arrival. Here we go......

February: Alvaro travels to Mexico for 2 weeks. When he arrives back we get the most exciting news of our lives! I was at the Harris Teeter picking up some yogurt after going to the Y that morning. After pocket dialing my friend Jamie several times I found myself in the aisle where the home tests are located. If you have children that took you more than one try to conceive then you know how this story goes, you never expect it to be positive but you try it anyway. Once I get home I take the test and there it is. A plus sign. It cannot be right. It must be wrong. I've always wanted it to be a plus but now that it is I am scared to death. I run to tell Alvaro and we are both in shock and refuse to get excited. Several tests later and a doctor's visit later it all starts to settle in. We are going to FINALLY have a baby! It was painful to hold it in and not scream it from the roof top but we did. That is how it all began.