Thursday, January 13, 2011

March - October

The next couple of months were wonderful! Eventually I started to show and not just look fat. I never had morning sickness but always thought, in the back of my mind, that something bad was going to happen. How could we be this lucky? It was in June that we found out that we ere having a GIRL!!! We were so excited and immediatly named her Sophia. It was so easy. It was like we already knew that she was coming into our lives. Now it was very real...we were going to be parents to this sweet little girl.


By the end of July we found out I had failed the sugar test. Not just failed it but flunked it!!! I had gestational diabetes. I was now required to prick my finger four times a day, follow a strict diet, and have non-stress tests weekly! There was nothing "non-stressful" about any of it. Eventually we got the sugars under control and the baby was growing, growing, growing. The doctors kept saying that she was going to be big. That she would have big shoulders. That they wouldn't be surprised if I needed a C-section. All we knew for sure was that she had the cutest face smacked full of cheeks! I didn't think I could love her anymore than I did each day I was pregnant. I was so wrong.