Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Solids, Bouncing, Oh My!!!

This week has been filled with firsts for the little Soph's! Monday we put her in the Johnny Jumper for the first time. She didn't know really what to make of it at first. Only one foot reaches the floor most of the time. She seems to enjoy it though. My dad thinks she needs a tennis racket in her hand so she can start to work on her swing.


We also introduced cereal for the first time tonight. She would not open her mouth for all the tea in China. Sophia is very used to taking medicine. She likes one of them and does NOT like the other. She keeps her lips sealed when it is time for the reflux meds but will open her mouth like a baby bird for the amoxacillan. To start with I let her chew on the spoon for a while. She was all about it. Then I put her in the high chair. She was all about it. Then I tried to feed her the cereal and all she did was suck on her bottom lip. Sneaky already! I finally got some in and she gagged on it! Oh well, tomorrow we will try again. Little does she know my determination!


Sophie also turned the big 5 months on the 3rd. She is growing so fast and each day is a pure delight with her. She is working on sitting up. She can roll over with no problem and is grabbing anything she can get her little hands on. Sophie loves to watch things. She watches the dogs. She watches the weather man. She watches dust particles move. She is an observer. One would think that she was teething because of the excessive amount of drool coming out of her mouth. But, she has been a spitter since 2 months old. One day those little teeth will pop through. I am in no hurry! I often wonder why parents want their child to hurry up and reach those milestones. I just want to enjoy the time while she is little and cherish each of her milestone when SHE reaches them, not when I want her too. We are getting ready to leave on our first airplane trip on Saturday. We are going to Katie's so she can finally meet Sophie in person. Alvaro is staying home. We shall see how this goes. Stay tuned for that one! We are excited for Easter and enjoying our Spring Break! Betsy is coming one day and we will be in Illinois the other days. Then only 6 more weeks of school! Wahoo!!!!!