Thursday, May 19, 2011

6 months. Really????




My baby is growing so fast! She has changed so much and I cannot believe that half a year has already passed us! Sophie is sitting up like a very big girl now. She can hold things much better and nothing is funnier than seeing her try to catch then hold a plastic Easter egg. She is eating cereal, roasted bananas, sweet peas, green beans, and sweet potatoes now at dinner time. At her last doctor's appointment she weighed in at a healthy 15 pounds, 25 inches, and her head was 16.5 inches around. She is still in the 25th percentile but she is growing steady. We LOVE Dr. Cook and when he told me that it would be 3 months then next time we saw each other I panicked. He is like our safety blanket. Maybe she will get a hangnail or something and I will have to take her in over the summer! :)





Sophie had a great Easter and even flew on a plane over Spring Break. She did great on the plane and had a wonderful time with her Aunt Katie and her besties! IL will never be the same! While it rained most of the time and was fa-reezing, we still had a great time. Next big trip will be to the Dominican Republic. I just had to go apply for her passport. The funny thing is that they are good for 5 years at her age and in 5 years she will look nothing like the infant picture that is her current picture.




Sophie also started swim classes at the Little Otter Swim School in Charlotte. She wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but started warming up the longer we were there. Well, we were 10 minutes late and the class is only 30 minutes long. It took us longer to get there and back then we were actually there. I think her favorite part was riding on the hippo float. Little do they know, but I love hippopotamuses so I thought that was the bee's knees!!!! We really just want her to be used to the water before our big trip. Alvaro's turn in the pool is coming up. He is worried because she is "slippery when wet" and he doesn't know what to do with her. I guess he will soon find out!



Alvaro's mom will be coming on Monday. This will be the first time anyone in his family has met her in person. I know it will be nice for Alvaro to have his mom around and it will be nice for Sophie to finally meet her other grandmother.

I had my first Mother's Day this year. It was great! I cannot believe that I finally can celebrate this day! Sophie's gift was that she slept almost to 8 AM. Alvaro brought be Starbucks and breakfast. We took lunch to my mom and spent some time there with her and Tim while Alvaro went with my dad to the Wells Fargo golf tournament. We had dinner with my dad and just a relaxing day.



I really hope that I will blog more over the summer. School is out in 9 days!!!! I have Sophie signed up for Kindermusik and her swim lessons. I just want to enjoy the time with her before we are back to the grind in August.