It is hard to believe that monkey has been out almost as long she was in. The past nine months have FLOWN! Sophie has such a great personality to her. She will make you smile just by looking at her sweet face. She started day care this month. The ladies are so wonderful and they have just taken to my little girl perfectly. They continue to tell us that they are so amazed that she had transitioned so well. Today Alvaro had to pick her up because I had Meet the Teacher at school until 6:00. He said that Annie told him that she was so laid back and just goes with the flow. I think this is a good way to describe her. She is pretty mellow and will just go along with most anything. Don't get me wrong, she has her moments. But, overall she is a great baby! Here are Sophie's stats for this month:
Teeth: still nothing. I am praying that this means that she got Alvaro's teeth and not mine. I have the worst quality of teeth. She does look stinkin' cute with those gums.
Hair: steadily coming in. Some days it looks reddish and other days it looks blonder. I can get a bow in but she looks ridiculous in it. I guess we will have to wait for her to get some more so we can move up to the next size bow.
Feeding: she is still eating 26 ounces of formula a day. She eats 3 solids in addition to her bottles. It is amazing the combinations that baby food makers come up with. I hate to break it to you sweet girl, but mama doesn't cook quite like that! She still LOVES bananas mixed with anything. I could mix dirt with them and she would slop them up. She likes peas with brown rice, mango, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and carrots. I had tried to give her puffs several times and she just gagged on them and refused to eat them. I told the ladies at FOD to try them and it is amazing the power of peer pressure at 9 months. She is eating them up now!
Weight: I put Sophie on the scale since she has not been to the doctor in 3 months. She weighed in just under 18 pounds. It seemed like a lot, but then I thought about it and I think she might be just about average for her age. When I asked my co-worker how much her 12 week weighed and she said 18 pounds, I almost fell out of my chair! Babies are so different from each other.
Movement: Babycakes is on the move. She crawls in super speed. She loves to pull up on everything. She would rather stand than sit, lay down, crawl, or bounce. She can easily pull herself up and get herself back down. No more forgetting how she got in that standing position. She will take one or two steps holding onto the table or couch. Most of the time she just sits down and crawls over to where she wants to be and stands up all over again!
Randoms: I already blogged that she can clap now. She also says mama, dada, and what I think is baby. We are working on puppy and papa. She likes to hear her own voice. I always know when she is "reading" a book because she just sits there talking to the book. It is too sweet. She loves to swing in her pink swing on our porch. She LOVES a mirror. And most of all she loves to point. Sophie points at things and at you. She loves for you to point back and touch fingertips. I always make a buzz noise and she cracks up laughing. She still loves her bath. Now she plays with foam letters and other water toys that I am sure are creating every strand of mold. She likes to stick the letters on the side and then slap them right back down. They must taste pretty good too because they are forever in her mouth!
I've said it before and I will say it again, this time is flying by. I really feel like I was just pregnant with her. While I sometimes miss that bundled up baby, I really love this developing one. I love finding out new things that she has learned to do. I love watching her personality blossom. Sophie girl you rock my world!