Monday, August 15, 2011
Patty Cakes
Sophie has learned how to clap. It is not well refined, but it is definitely hilarious to watch. She gets such pride and joy from doing it. I have been doing Patty Cakes with her for a while. I really think it has more to do with the 3 short days in day care. That might sound weird, but she picks up so much up from being around other children. When we were at mass the other night, she got really into it. The 5:30 Sunday night service has a drum that plays with the music. I guess it is more of a contemporary service or youth service. When that snare started to rattle she was all eyes, ears, hands, and feet. My mom was holding her and she started kicking her legs, clapping, and singing right along!! I was cracking up laughing. All the people around us were laughing. Sweet Sophie you are a hoot! Here is a short video of her clapping to Patty Cakes. I have a feeling in about a week I am going to want to encourage a new song for clapping. Warning: I am "singing."