Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sweet Times in Columbia

This past week we were finally able to get to Columbia to see Julie, Betsy, and all the girls! They made fun of me for all of the things that I packed for her. I knew it was a lot, but everything was used! You just never know what you are going to need. Of course Sophie slept the entire way there even though she had just woken up from an hour and a half long nap. When we got there we visited with Betsy and Mary Grace. Sophie and I got to keep MG for the afternoon while Betsy had an appointment. MG was sooo sweet with Sophie. She wanted her to play with all of her toys at the same time, watch a movie, and play hair salon with me. MG was a great helper and really liked her baby food.


She slurped up Sophie's left over cereal with apples and blueberries. I can barely get Sophie to eat that stuff! That night Betsy had a feather party! Needless to say, Sophie did not get a feather as that would require some hair. I didn't either because we all know how I feel about birds! Yuck! The next day we traveled, like a gypsy, to Julie's for a night there. Sallie and Anna were all too excited to have a baby in the house. Sallie was a great helper and fed Sophie her bottles, gave her toys to play with, and even wanted to help feed her the veggies!


I think Anna loved her car seat the best! While the girls were at VBS, Sophie and I went shopping. That is one of the things that I miss about Cola....the shopping! There are just too many cute little stores. Beep Beep is my new favorite store! Too bad we don't have places like that in FM. After some frozen yogurt and 2 naps, we headed home. It was great to spend time with ALL my girls. I hope that they will come here soon and know that we must get back down before the summer is over!