Saturday, June 18, 2011

Seven Months



Our sweet cheeks is already 7 months old! She is growing like a weed and has been developing that personality more and more each day. I just cannot love that baby any more than I already do! Here are some things that are "All Sophie" this month:

-Squealing: My girl likes to hear herself talk. I wonder where she gets that from???? She squeals/screeches, whatever you want to call it in the store, car, on the floor, in her exersaucer, church, and just about anywhere else you can imagine. You cannot help but laugh at her because she makes the funniest face!

-Thighs: Girlfriend has some thighs that just won't quit. They came over night. One day she had skinny little legs and the next I could barely get her swim diaper off. She loves for you to gently rub them when she is going to sleep. I will miss those little rolls when she outgrows them (I hope she outgrows them).

- Hair: Well, it is safe to say that she might actually have some hair one day in her life. It is s-l-o-w-l-y coming in and it appears to be pretty blonde. I must admit, I did try to put a bow in it when we were in Columbia. It fell right off her head. Oh well, if she takes after me, she will have a head full before she can sing her ABC's.

- Food: She likes it. She really likes it. Girl is eating rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, mangoes, apples, blueberries, peas, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, and green beans (when I can trick her into those). Still sucking down her bottle and has since discovered how to hold her bottle...sniff sniff. I try not to let her take total control of that one!

- Toys: Sophie will play with a straw wrapper until it turns back into the pulp that it started as if you let her. She really likes her blocks, this activity block that sings to her in Spanish, books, and her Violet puppy. Of course there are the regulars like teething keys, anything that crinkles, and my necklace.

-Teeth: None to speak of even though I can see where they are going to pop through. I know one morning I am going to get her up and she will have a pearly white sticking through, it's just not today.

Movement: She is trying oh so hard to crawl. She can put her knees underneath her. She can stand up on her arms. She can push herself backwards. She can push forward and belly-flop forward. Now to just put it all together. I know everything will change once she gets it together, but she does have some determination to get herself closer to the remote or my cell phone. She is a kicker for sure. When I get her up in the morning she kicks those legs like it is the most exciting thing to ever happen to her. She will reach for anything and loves to pull my hair, nose, cheeks, and grab any phone you are talking on.

I have started going through her clothes. Can it be true? Could she already be too big for half of her wardrobe? I tried to squeeze her into the cutest denim jumper that used to swallow her. It ended up riding above her bottom and just looked dumb, so off it came! It is hard to imagine that she used to be so little. Our girl is growing up. Who knows what things she will accomplish this month! We will just sit back and enjoy watching her do it!